South Australia is home to award-winning wine, events and festivals. In fact, we’ve been named Australia’s best festival state two years in a row. It’s also the gateway to world-famous wine regions such as the Barossa and McLaren Vale, and Adelaide has been listed as one of the Great Wine Capitals of the World. We’ve also recently been named as Lonely Planet’s 5th most livable city.
Lonely Planet's Top 5 Reasons to visit SA
From cage diving to fine dining, there’s a wine barrel full of reasons why South Australia was named as one of Lonely Planet’s best regions to visit in 2017! South Australia was the only Australian destination to feature in the top three categories of top cities, regions and countries.
(Content: South Australia, website, http://southaustralia.com/lonely-planet?type=ContentPage&name=Lonely-planet&id=)
1. See iconic Australian wildlife minutes away from the city
2. Bite into a smorgasbord of fine food and wine
3. Soak up the sun at our beautiful beaches
4. Party in Adelaide: Capital of Australia’s Best Event State
5. Explore our regions – from outback to the hills and the sea
Where to eat?
Check out the Adelaide Restaurant Guide for all the different cuisines Adelaide has to offer or download the app “Adelaide Restaurant Guide”